Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thing #12~ Rollyo!

So I created a Rollyo for perfume which is basically like a mini search engine that you build yourself. I added a whole bunch of my favorite places to buy perfume and favorite blogs about fragrances and perfumes. The function of this Rollyo is to punch in the name of a perfume, or a note (such as vanilla or frankincense), or a concept or mood or theme of a perfume (i.e. Halloween, faeries) and come up with something to buy or something to check out. It doesn't work QUITE as well as I'd like because some of the sites it searches are so loaded with meta data that I get a bajillion hits from one site and it takes forever to get through them. Also all the ads are annoying but it's an interesting concept I'm glad I came across and learned about.


No comments: